We are back!

It's been well over a month since I last posted in here. Obviously by now I have had our son--he's doing great! He will be a month old on Wednesday the 4th of May and we still can't believe that he's already grown up so much in the past few weeks.


 His name is Michael Anthony. He was born on April 04th, 2011 at 10:42pm (Monday.) He weighed 5lbs and 13 oz, and was 19 and 3/4 inches inches long. He will be a month next week, and that is incredibly crazy to us. Right now he weighs 7lbs and is 20 inches long. He eats, sleeps, and poops all day long, with some "talk" and "tummy" time in between naps. He hates having his diaper changed and has peed on his parents a few too many times. Michael has his fussy moments, especially when he doesn't quite nap at all during the day, but this just means mommy will have a better night's sleep. He already has had two doctor's appointments and will have his vaccines in June--we are not looking forward to this.

As for myself, I am back to my pre-pregnancy clothes. I have lost most of my pregnancy weight with only 6-7.5 pounds still lingering behind. Actually, I'd prefer if those extra pounds stay, it would help me feel a bit curvier. My recovery has gone smoothly and haven't had any pain since week two. "Mommyhood" has been great and I am learning so many new things about myself, like how patient I can really be. Labor and delivery were quick and swift, he was here within 30 minutes of pushing.