Welcome to my life.....

"Hello! Is there anybody out there?"

That seems to be the common phrase around this ole blog of mine. There really isn't really an excuse as to WHY I have been gone for so long. But what's new? I just post whenever I get a little nudge in my head that says, "Hey!! Remember that blog of yours?" or whenever there is a wee bit of downtime from the every day life. Around these parts, a ton has been happening and yet nothing has been happening at the same time. It's like little waves of "happenings" happen and then its just--nothing. But isn't life like that anyways? Let's go back a few weeks....

The Friday before Easter, my husband had a rematch. For those of you who don't know or are new, my husband is an amateur boxer (a license to fight during shows, but not get paid.) as a hobby. A few weeks prior to that, he had a match with the same guy who he lost to. The Easter fight was the rematch to that guy. However he "technically" lost that one. During round 2 of the match (3 rounds total) he stepped back to avoid a punch and slipped. The slip caused a dislocation of his right knee which landed him on a ride via the ambulance to the ER. During his little stint at the hospital we learned that he tore 3 out of 4 ligaments on that knee. Bad. All bad. He had an operation to fix one of the 3 ligaments but still needs 2 more surgeries to fix the other two and tons of physical therapy. So for the past 3 weeks, I've been running around like a chicken with its' head cut off. Everywhere. Which also meant that my son has a new schedule for the mornings. But wanna know what the silver lining is---I'm not working anymore. I haven't since New Years. That's another story for another post. But that was our silver lining this year--my being a stay at home mom/chauffeur t o my husband.


As for our little boy who no longer is a little boy if you ask him, he's doing great. He just turned 5 a week ago and it's such an amazing yet bittersweet feeling. I love that he's getting so big yet miss his being so small. He's still in pre-k and will be "graduating" to Kindergarten next year. Michael isn't quite ready to transition to General Ed Class yet and we are so hoping ABT (Applied Behavior Therapy for his Autism) will help with his Social and Sensory issues. He's so smart and I know with a little more help he will get there. This kid will be making changes in this world, just watch.