New Year, New Start.

Whoa! It's been since May of last year that I had last written in here. During that time, I wanted to switch over to Tumblr with the mindset that I would like it better. Although, I like the simplicity of it, it's not the same and I somehow keep coming back to Blogger. So I guess the best way to start, or should I say, restart this blog, is to just jump right in.

New year, new start. Or at least I hope that's how it goes because quite frankly, I could use a fresh start. I do know this for certain: one aspect of our lives will definitely be a new start--parenthood.

Right now we are 26 weeks and 3 days! I seem to always update at the "3day" mark of whatever week I am updating. Oh well, that's just how that goes. lol Back to what I was saying--we are 26 weeks, which means that by the end of next week, we will be officially OUT of the Second Trimester and entering the Third Trimester. Oh how exciting!

This is what thebump.com has to say:

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.


That's pretty big if I say so myself! Mind you, I know he may only weigh 2lbs, but sometimes it feels like more! Speaking of weight, I have officially gained 15lbs all together! You have no idea how excited I am! It has taken me forever to get past the "10lb" mark and the nurses at my OB's office have been shaking their finger at me for not gaining weight. This isn't my fault, I swear! I've always been petite in size and my metabolism burns my food faster than I can ingest it. So imagine now having two tummies to feed--nearly impossible! I have a Dr.s appointment tomorrow, so I hope they share in the excitement that I have over the mere 5 lbs weight gain. Heck! If I didn't know better, I'm pretty confident that those 5lbs will vanish tomorrow and just make me feel like it was all one giant joke. *sigh*