I smell a newborn in the air….

The nostalgia bug has hit me. We are being blessed with nieces and nephews left and right at the moment. Right now, one is due to come and join our family. Envy is sort of a feeling I am getting, in a good way. My sister in law is due any minute right now with her first son. It brings me back to where I was the last few days before Michael joined us. The feeling of anxiety, the happiness, or the slight fear of something terrible happening.

 

All of these new mom feelings reminded me of having a newborn baby and all of the must haves that basically saved my life! I seriously could not have gotten through the first year with out these:

 

Must Haves:

 

01.

01

Source

Aden +Anais “SwaddlePlus” Muslin Blankets. Oh my goodness! These were perfect for when putting baby to sleep. We wrapped up Michael, tilted him to the side a bit, and “shhh!” him to sleep. Wonderful!

 

 

 

02.

Source

The Graco My Ride 35. We were gifted  this set by some very good friends for our first born. I loved how snug and safe the bucket seat held my son when we traveled and we used until he was almost 9 months old (with an occasional use here and there until recently.)

 

03.

 

 

Source

This giraffe saved our lives many a times. When Michael began with his screams of murder due to his teething, we knew we had to do something. We had learned about Sophie the Giraffe from a few friend bloggers and let me tell you (and in the words of Barney Stintson from How I Met Your Mother) it’s “Legen-Wait for it—Dary!” Seriously!

 

04.

Source

A digital camera. You will definitely want and need one of these. You don’t want to miss any precious moments your little one will give you, right?

 

 

05.

 

Source

A baby swing or rocker. We just had a rocker. Wish we had gotten a swing. Heck! Even a duo one like the one above would have been great! Learn from my mistake. Please!