I'm an Auntie!!

Today, at 12:42pm, I became an Auntie for the very first time. Yes, I have about 11 nieces and nephews, but those were inherited to me via marriage. It's not the "same." My brother Carlos and his girl friend Haley delivered their first child--Gabriel Isaiah. He's beautiful. He weighs 10 and a half pounds and at 21 inches. He's such a big boy! I cannot wait for play dates with Michael. Both Haley and I are so ecstatic for the days ahead for us. Michael seems to share in the excitement today, and now is so pooped from it.

I've been anticipating this day since I found out that my brother was going to be a poppa. It was then when I realized that I was going to be an official aunt. It's still a bit surreal. I was the last one left without a "nephew" and when this week arrived, I tossed and turned with excitement. I really can't wait to get to know the little man!